Chairwoman Johnson Congratulates President-elect on Assembly of Diverse and Distinguished Science Team
(Washington, DC) – Today, President-elect Joe Biden announced his selection of Dr. Eric Lander as Presidential Science Advisor-designate and as nominee for Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), a position the President-elect is elevating to Cabinet-level.
Additionally, he announced the following individuals will join his science team:
- Dr. Alondra Nelson, OSTP Deputy Director for Science and Society
- Dr. Frances H. Arnold and Dr. Maria Zuber, Co-Chairs of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST)
- Dr. Francis Collins, Director of the National Institutes of Health
- Kei Koizumi, OSTP Chief of Staff
- Narda Jones, OSTP Legislative Affairs Director
Chairwoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX) made the following statement.
“I would like to congratulate President-elect Biden on assembling such an impressive team to advance his science and technology policy. I would also like to applaud his decision to elevate the position of OSTP Director to be included in his Cabinet. I am thrilled to turn the page to a new era in which we can be confident that, once again, science, facts, and data are at the forefront of decision making at all levels across our government.”
Next Article Previous Article