Subcommittee on Energy and Environment Hearing - The Advanced Geothermal Energy Research and Development Act of 2007, (H.R. 2304) - and - The Marine Renewable Energy Research and Development Act of 2007, (H.R. 2313)
• Dr. Jefferson Tester is the HP Meissner Professor of Chemical Engineering at the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Dr. Tester is an internationally recognized expert
in Enhanced Geothermal Systems and he served as chair of the MIT-led panel that
produced the report: The Future of Geothermal Energy, released in January, 2007.
• Mr. Paul Thomsen is Public Policy Manager for Ormat Technologies, Inc., a leading
provider of geothermal exploration, development, and power conversion technologies.
Mr. Thomsen is responsible for Ormat’s federal, state and local legislative programs. He
is testifying today on behalf of both Ormat and the Geothermal Energy Association.
• Dr. Annette von Jouannne is a Professor in the School of Electrical Engineering and
Computer Science at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon. She specializes in
Energy Systems, including power electronics and power systems, and she leads the Wave
Energy program at OSU.
• Mr. Sean O’Neill is President of the Ocean Renewable Energy Coalition (OREC), a
trade association representing the marine renewable energy industry.
• Mr. Nathanael Greene is a Sr. Energy Policy Specialist with the Natural Resources
Defense Council. His areas of expertise include utility regulation, renewable energy,
energy taxes and energy efficiency.